Top Survival Kits
Not everyone has the time nor the desire to build a survival kit from scratch. Looking online there are a wide variety of survival kits available to choose from. A basic Survival Kit should provide enough food water and supplies for a few days while out on your own.
Many of you have may seen the small pocket sized survival kits, they are easy to make using an Altoids tin. This fits in any pocket to make it easy to carry with you everywhere. Possibly one of the smallest kits available and a "Good" survival kit beats no survival kit anytime. Simply having an Altoids kit available, could make any unpleasant situation almost bearable.
Whistle Creek Survival Kit in a Sardine Can
- Emergency medical supplies, nourishment, navigational aids & more
- Cook in it. Boil water in it
- Compact (pocket sized), lightweight, and it floats
- For hikers, campers, climbers, boaters, skiers, sledders, fishermen, off-roaders, travelers, cyclists & you\
- Put one in your car, motorcycle, fishing vest, backpack, bike etc
25 survival items in a genuine air-tight, waterproof,crushproof sardine can. Go fish with a fishhook and line,find your way home with the compass, boil water in the canfor your tea with sugar, use the first aid supplies to survivethe wilderness. Even includes duct tape, matches, whistle,signal mirror, razor blade, fire starter cube, chewing gum,salt, and a safety pin. Put one in your car, motorcycle,fishing vest, backpack, bike, etc.Great gift item, and the price is right!... More >>
"Good" - Survival Knife Kit
While not as easy to carry as an Altoids tin, a survival knife gives you a handy life saving tool on your belt that will help with fire duties and shelter building.
- Emergency survival knife kit
- Hollow handle with a screw off top
- Ideal for camping...More >>
The "Better" smaller fanny pack size survival kits are the next step up, they allow a little extra room to take more items with you, while still not too uncomfortable to wear. These do require you to strap them on and may not be quite as convenient to take with you everywhere.
"Better" - 1 Person Deluxe Fanny Pack Survival Kit
- Emergency survival kit packaged in durable, easy to carry fanny pack.
- Contains water and food supply with 5 year shelf life.
- Perfect for the home, car, office, or anywhere else!
This Single Person Survival Fanny Pack Includes:
(1) ER Food Bars - 3 day supply for 1 person, 5 Year Shelf-life. (3) Water Boxes w/ Straws - 3 day supply for 1 person, 5 Year Shelf-life. (1) Thermal Blankets - Designed by NASA to retain body heat! (1) Ponchos with hoods - Don't be caught out in the rain without shelter. (1) Safety Whistle - Blow loud for immediate rescue attention! (1) Tissue Packs - Help maintain sanitary conditions. (1) Out-of-state Contact Cards - Keep track of loved ones with these! ... More >>
The "Best" Survival kit is a small backpack.
Filled with almost everything you may need to survive for three days including food and water. Just having one of these kits by the back door can offer peace of mind. It is grab and go bag that can be a lifesaver if you need to leave in a hurry for an extended time.
Keep these three things in mind when selecting your survival kit.
- How long will you be able to survive with your survival kit?
- How extreme is the event that you are needing to survive?
- Where do you expect to be when the event occurs?
"Best" - Survivor Emergency Kit-4 Person, Emergency Zone brand, Disaster Survival Kit
- Because you never know where you are going to be during an emergency
- Includes the 48 page How to Prepare for Any Disaster book to help you before during and after a disaster.
- SOS Brand food and water have a 5 year shelf life
- Lithium Ion hand crank rechargeable AM/FM radio flashlight.
- Emergency Zone brand
This kit includes the following: 1 Organizational Backpack, 1 Large backpack, 1 Dynamo AM/FM radio and flashlight with lithium ion battery-rechargeable with a hand crank, 4 eight hour light sticks, Magnesium Fire-starter, 4 emergency reflective sleeping bags, 4 emergency ponchos, 2 tube tents, 6 emergency candles, 4 3600 Calorie US Coast Guard approved Food Bars with a 5 year shelf life (SOS brand coconut flavor), 24 US Coast Guard approved Water Pouches (125ml each)... More >>
Proper planning and realistically assessing your needs before purchasing the best survival kit will help you find one that best meets your needs.